In today’s hectic lifestyle, our health has been affected adversely. Ankylosing spondylitis has become of the most disease affecting all the age group. The inflammatory disease increases the bone formation that leads to bone fusion.
stiffness in bones, acute pain in the neck, spine, and loss of mobility are some of the sign of Ankylosing spondylitis which in advance stage can lead to spinal deformity.
Common Symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis are:
- The disease affects the lower portion of the spine which joins with the hips in the early stage.
- Pain in the neck, shoulder and lower back.
- Stiffness around the neck, joints and lower leg
- Loss of movement
There is no specific diagnostic test for Ankylosing Spondylitis but X-Ray and MRI test can help in showing joint pain and cause of inflammation. Doctors also advise doing a Blood test that helps in finding out the reason for Inflammation.
The treatment helps in giving the relief from severe pain and relive from stiffness and stop it from damaging it further.
- Staying active and regular exercise helps in improving your posture, ease your pain and keep you flexible.
- Use heat and cold therapy. Apply heat pads on stiff joints and take a hot shower to overcome stiffness. Switch to cold therapy after a week. Put ice pad on the affected area, this will ease your pain.