A few days back World Oral Care Day was celebrated and awareness regarding it was spread among people. Oral health plays a crucial role and ignoring it can be dangerous.
We bring you some useful tips for good oral hygiene and healthy smile:-
- Brush your teeth twice: Brushing your teeth is as important as eating. It is important that you brush your teeth twice a day, one in the morning and one before going to bed. Always rinse your mouth after every meal.
- Right kind of toothbrush: Choose toothbrush which has soft bristles and is gentle on your gums. Hard bristles can hurt your gums and cause bleeding. Prefer the toothpaste with a smaller head so that it can get in contact with back teeth and clean them well.
- Brush well: Brushing your teeth should take at least 2-3 minutes. Don’t be in a hurry; it might cost you big time.
- Good toothpaste: Choose toothpaste which has fluoride that reduces the risk of tooth decay and makes your tooth enamel strong.
- Flossing your teeth: It is advised to floss your teeth at least once a day. Make sure you do it slowly and gently in sawing motion. Don’t be harsh on your teeth.
- Avoid Soft drinks or juices: The acidic food softens the tooth which dissolves the mineral in tooth enamel.
- Limit your sugar intake: The bacteria in dental plaque convert the sugar food into acid and thus cause harm to your teeth.
- Regular Dental Visit: Visit your dentist regularly and get your teeth clean to avoid tooth decay.