Every year International Women’s Day is celebrated on 8th March to appreciate the role of women in our life and society. The day is dedicated to honor the women and show how much we love and value them. Women’s Day was first celebrated on 28th February 1909 in New York. In 1977, United General Assembly’s announced 8th March as International Women’s Day which gained the popularity worldwide.
Over the years women have made their mark in every field. They have fought strongly for their right to equality and gender biases. Let’s thank all the women in our lives for their honorable contribution. Happy Women’s Day to all the beautiful ladies out there!
Here are some inspirational Quotes on International Women’s Day
1. Women are the real architects of society – Cher
2. “A charming woman doesn’t follow the crowd. She is herself”– Loretta Young
3. “Empower woman, empower the human community. The base on which the world stands is a woman” – Unknown
4.”Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping-stone to greatness” – Oprah Winfrey
5. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman”- Margaret Thatcher
6.”Power’s not given to you. You have to take it.” – Beyonce
7. “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform”– Diane Mariechild
8. “Every man needs a woman when his life is a mess because just like the game of chess – it’s the queen protects the king.” – Unknown